3 day duration Financial Modelling for Renewable Energy Projects will give you the skills to...
Financial Modelling Techniques for Valuation Analysis
Financial Modelling Techniques for Valuation Analysis
2 day duration
An accurate and flexible financial model is a critical component of a robust valuation. Financial Modelling Techniques for Valuation Analysis is designed to help you master the financial modelling techniques needed for valuation analysis. This course will see you equipped for a range of scenarios – from internal valuations to the valuation of acquisition targets.
In a combined seminar and workshop environment, Financial Modelling Techniques for Valuation Analysis will illustrate how corporate finance and valuation concepts are brought to life in a financial modelling environment, and how you can build re-usable structures which will benefit you time and time again. The course addresses specific challenges including: dividend policies, depreciation, escalation, working capital, liquidity and minority interests.
By developing a structured approach to business valuation, you will gain the skills required to confidently present your valuation analysis to internal and external stakeholders. Based on the Mazars Financial Modelling methodology, the course ensures fully transparent and flexible financial modelling, with a focus on professionally styled presentation.
Financial Modelling Techniques for Valuation Analysis will enable you to
- Learn robust financial modelling of valuation concepts, from WACC and CAPM to DCF and EBIDTA multiple analysis
- Gain insights into the challenges and recommended approaches to terminal value analysis
- Master best practice financial modelling techniques and Excel functions relating to forecasting, investment analysis and valuations
Are you exposed to financial models used for valuations?
If you are exposed to financial models used for valuations, Financial Modelling Techniques for Valuation Analysis is for you. This course has been tailored to those who develop, use or interpret valuation models, such as investment analysts and corporate finance professionals.
Required knowledge: Standard Excel functionality and financial modelling
A solid understanding of standard Excel functionality is required, and some familiarity with financial models is beneficial. If you want to extend you understanding of Excel functionality, then the Excel Diploma course may be of interest to you.
In-house course options for valuation modelling
When tailoring in-house courses in valuation modelling and analysis, Mazars frequently mixes modules from other courses to deliver the exact content required for the participants. This valuation modelling course often benefits from modules from other financial modelling training courses including Visual Basic in Excel. Excel Diploma, and industry specific courses such as the Financial Modelling for Renewable Energy Projects course.
What is financial modelling best practice?
To learn more about Mazars training courses focused on best practice financial modelling, see our full list of training courses in modelling, valuations and project finance.
Mazars offers in-house training courses all over the world, and public training course in a range of locations; including London, New York, Paris, Singapore, Tokyo, Toronto, Sydney, Hong Kong, Dubai, Johannesburg and Beijing.
Online financial modelling training and resources
The Online Resources section of our website contains a substantial collection of free downloads and tutorials in financial modelling, webinars and blogs. Covering essential topics include NPV modelling and analysis, debt service reserve accounts, terminal value modelling and Excel shortcuts PDF Download– you will have hours and hours of free learning.
Thursday 27th October 2022
Wednesday 2nd November 2022
Wednesday 14th December 2022
Master proven techniques for best practice modelling resulting in better models built faster
- Learn to work with the powerful and easy to follow Mazars Financial Modelling methodology
- Discuss and identify good vs. bad modelling techniques using real-life examples
- Greatly increase consistency amongst your team in calculation technique and presentation
Design a model structure
- Investigate the key modules of a model: Understand the building block components
- Understand the design flow of the model builder
- Build fluid timing architecture with binary flags suitable for all modules of the model
- Develop a layout hierarchy: Focus on custom styles to ensure a transparent, well presented model
Build a model engine of the target company
- Use best practice to build operations for a company, from revenue to results
- Calculate revenue from multiple units and time variable pricing
- Model operational costs, both fixed variable
Improve your modelling with realistic cashflow impact of working capital and related matters
- Learn how to build working capital into existing models without changing the structure
- Understand the impact of working capital on the cashflow
- Discuss common errors in modelling working capital and ways to model around them
Finalise financial statements to make a fully integrated three-way model
- Add capital programme and construct best practice depreciation calculations
- Complete P&L statement and build balance sheet and cashflow waterfall
- Explore the company’s net asset position and understand its role in valuation assessment
Calculate the weighted average cost of capital (WACC) using capital asset pricing model (CAPM) for robust valuations
- Discuss the theoretical underpinnings of CAPM and why it is used
- Derive the WACC formula and model it in Excel
- Learn how to estimate betas from actual public market data
Learn key techniques for terminal value analysis in a valuation context
- Understand why terminal value isn’t appropriate in some valuation models
- Learn how different factors affect the impact of terminal value on a valuation
- Calculate terminal value using the perpetual growth model and other methods
Complete a best practice discounted cashflow (DCF) valuation
- Discuss NPV from first principles and apply XNPV functionality
- Integrate a dividend policy and restrictions into model and understand its impact on valuations
Build cross-reference valuation techniques to benchmark your discounted cashflow (DCF) analysis
- Learn the pros and cons of using any single valuation technique
- Compare DCF valuation outputs with EBITDA and transaction multiples
Integrate a powerful scenario manager and enable informed decision making
- Save critical time and deliver rapid analysis using our approach to scenario management
- Transform scenarios into yet another way to test the model in all scenarios
Build confidence in your analysis through pre-programmed combinations of model inputs
3 days duration Financial Modelling for Renewable Energy Projects will give you the skills to...